AJ Silver here! I lived in Lancaster CA until I was about 4, and have spent the remainder of my years in the Tri State area. I LOVE every aspect of my job every day!! I love to have a good time, and make sure I enjoy every second. I am a huge fan of music, film, and art! I love supporting local artists and have Aj's Artistic Freedom, so send your work to my email below! Just include a picture of your "art" and a short bio. I always love hearing from you so hit me up in the studio or through Facebook by clicking the link below! I like to have too much fun, so make sure you hook me up with stories (and pics) from your CRAZY weekends (or not so crazy)! We can compare!!! Cheers!
Michael B. Jordan is Adonis Creed, the son of Rocky's friend Apollo Creed, who asks Rocky to train him so he can live up to his dad's boxing legacy. Phylicia Rashad plays Apollo's widow, and Sylvester Stallone returns as a very old looking Rocky Balboa. Believe it or not, this is the SEVENTH movie in the "Rocky" series. It's also the first that wasn't written by Stallone, and the first where Rocky doesn't have to fight. At 69, Stallone is now the same age Burgess Meredith was in the first "Rocky" back in 1976. And Rocky trains Adonis at a gym called Mickey's, named after his own trainer.
"Victor Frankenstein" (PG-13)
James McAvoy stars as Mary Shelley's mad scientist, in a movie that's told entirely from Igor's perspective. Daniel Radcliffe is a hunchbacked circus performer Victor takes on as his assistant after witnessing his medical skills. They create a monster out of stolen animal parts before moving on to their human creation. Also, Igor doesn't have his hump for very long. After all, if Frankenstein can reanimate a lifeless corpse, he can certainly fix a pesky little back problem, right?
You're safe from a lightning strike as long as you're in your car. But there's a video on YouTube that isn't very reassuring. It's an SUV driving slowly through an intersection, and taking a direct hit from a HUGE bolt of lightning, which takes out some asphalt too. It's called "Is a Car Really a Safe Place to Be When Lightning Strikes?" But some people think it's fake. Because the video's from another car close by. And when you're that close, there's not a big delay between the lightning and the thunder.
"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2" (PG-13)
Jennifer Lawrence marches with an army from all 13 districts through a minefield of traps to overthrow the Capitol and finally take down President Snow. Donald Sutherland plays Snow, and Julianne Moore is rebel president Alma Coin.
"The Night Before" (R)
Seth Rogen, Anthony Mackie, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt play three buddies who've come together for one last blowout before surrendering to adult responsibilities and giving up their annual tradition of partying together on Christmas Eve. Ilana Glazer from "Broad City" and Mindy Kaling are also in it. Tracy Morgan is the narrator. And Miley Cyrus and James Franco have cameos as themselves.
"Secret in Their Eyes" (PG-13)
Julia Roberts stars in this remake of an Argentinean movie that won the Best Foreign Language Oscar in 2010. She's part of a counterterrorism task force who discovers her daughter's body outside a mosque her unit's staking out. Chiwetel Ejiofor is an FBI investigator who tracks down the killer after he's released due to insufficient evidence, and Nicole Kidman is their DA boss.
NBC has released the trailer for DOLLY PARTON's semi-autobiographical movie "Coat of Many Colors". It stars Jennifer Nettles as Dolly's mom and Ricky Schroder as her dad, and it premieres December10th.
Kids might have an edge on us when it comes to NEW technology. But a mom in Portland, Oregon recently gave her kids her old Walkman to mess around with . . . and it took them over a minute just to figure out how toput a cassette in.
"The 33" (PG-13)
Antonio Banderas is one of the 33 miners trapped inside a collapsed mine after a cave-in buries them 200 stories below the surface. It's based on the true story of the 2010 rescue of the Chilean miners, who spent 69 days trapped underground. Lou Diamond Phillips is down there with him as the mine foreman. But after the cavein, they make Antonio their leader and put him in charge of their lives and their rations.
"Love the Coopers" (PG-13)
John Goodman and Diane Keaton are parents of a dysfunctional family trying to hide their secrets from each other as they come together for their annual Christmas dinner. Ed Helms is their divorced son . . . Olivia Wilde is their daughter, who talks a soldier she just met into pretending to be her boyfriend . . . and Marisa Tomei is Keaton's sister, who gets arrested by Anthony Mackie for trying to shoplift her present.
"My All American" (PG)
Finn Wittrock from "American Horror Story" plays University of Texas football star Freddie Steinmark . . . who was diagnosed with bone cancer a few days after helping his team win the national championship. Steinmark died that same year at 22. You'd know Finn as Tristan on "American Horror Story: Hotel" and as the main bad guy, Dandy Mott, on "American Horror Story: Freak Show". Sarah Bolger is his high school sweetheart, and Aaron Eckhart plays the coach who recruits him. You might remember Sarah as Aurora on "Once Upon a Time".
FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE'S newest video "Confession" has been released. It has throwback clips of BRIAN KELLEY in his high school baseball days . . . and a young TYLER HUBBARD riding motocross.Pretty cool!
Footage of a great white attacking two guys in a shark cage is making the rounds. Not because of how big it was, but because of how FAST it was. It happened off the coast of South Africa, and the video is from inside the cage.
Some peeps in southern California saw a bright light over the Pacific Saturday night. The Navy says it was a Trident 2 missile fired from a submarine for a routine test. But obviously conspiracy theorists disagree. There are a bunch of videos of it on YouTube, including one where it looks like a plane is flying toward it. Then right after the plane flies away, the light gets brighter and there's some kind of explosion.
"Concussion" starring Will Smith focuses on the doctor that discovered the concussion problem with players in pro football.
The new flick from the one and only Quentin Tarantino! Looking forward to "The Hateful Eight"
And last the sequel to Alice in Wonderland. Time Burton isn't directing this one, but he is a producer. The trailer below looks pretty good though! It's called "Alice Through The Looking Glass", and comes out this spring.
Daniel Craig goes up against a criminal organization called Spectre, which has secretly been messing with his life since his first 007 movie, "Casino Royale". This is his fourth time as Bond and the 24th movie overall. Christoph Waltz is the villain, and "Guardians of the Galaxy" star Dave Bautista is his right hand man. There are two Bond girls in this one: Lea Seydoux plays the daughter of Mr. White . . . the dude who killed Vesper Lynd in "Casino Royale", and escaped from MI6 in "Quantum of Solace" . . . and Monica Bellucci is the widow of a guy Bond killed.
"The Peanuts Movie" (G)
This is the first "Peanuts" movie to be shown in theaters since 1980, and the first one since the death of "Peanuts" creator Charles M. Shulz. The script was written by his son and grandson . . . Craig Shultz and Bryan Shultz. The movie centers on Charlie Brown's romantic obsession with his new neighbor, the Little Red-Haired Girl, and how he tries to change his loser image to impress her. She's voiced by the little red-headed kid from Disney Channel's "Dog with a Blog".
The big winners at last night's CMA Awards were LITTLE BIG TOWN and CHRIS STAPLETON. They each took home three trophies. LUKE BRYAN won his second straight Entertainer of the Year award, and MIRANDA LAMBERT was named Female Vocalist of the Year
Entertainer of the Year: Luke Bryan Male Vocalist of the Year: Chris Stapleton Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert Vocal Duo of the Year: Florida Georgia Line Vocal Group of the Year: Little Big Town New Artist of the Year: Chris Stapleton Album of the Year: "Traveller", Chris Stapleton Song of the Year: "Girl Crush", Little Big Town. It's a songwriter's award so they share it with Liz Rose, Lori McKenna, and Hillary Lindsey. Single of the Year: "Girl Crush", Little Big Town Musical Event of the Year: "Raise 'Em Up", Keith Urban with Eric Church Music Video of the Year: "Girl In A Country Song", Maddie & Tae
1. Parents who queue up for ages before a school play just to get front seats. Every. Single. Time.
2. They always try to win the 'mum's race' at sports day
3. Making sure children have all the latest technology and gadgets
4. They organise the most amazing presents for teachers at Christmas or the end of the year
5. Constantly bragging about a child's achievements on Facebook
6. They have the newest, biggest (badly parked) car
7. Mums who address the teachers by their first name very loudly in the playground to show how well they get on
8. Make homemade cakes to hand out to other children on their child's birthday at school
9. They produce 'Bake Off' standard cakes for the school fair
10. Mums who spend weeks creating and hand-making outfits for school plays and fancy dress
11. Throwing amazing parties for events such as Halloween, Easter and Christmas
12. They raise incredible amounts of money if asked to get sponsorship money for the children
13. Their children take amazing things in for show and tell, including impressive relatives
14. The children attend every club going
15. They quiz other parents on how parent's evening went
16. They produce party bags which are more expensive than any gift their child is receiving from a friend
17. Enrolling the children into extra-curricular classes such as Kumon, computing or music
18. Mums who are always at the school helping in class
19. Those who always look immaculate with well-manicured nails, a perfect mane of hair and impeccable dress sense
20. Being on the PTA
21. They volunteer for all school trips, school fairs and plays
22. They check in the book bags for children who come to tea to see what reading / spelling level they are on
23. Dressing their child in a very styled way (like a skater kid, or hipster)
24. High flying career mums who STILL manage to make it to all events and plays
25. Mums who are studying for their PHD while holding down a job and turn up at school looking amazing and cool as cucumber
26. They turn up for school decked out in exercise gear on their way to / from a run
27. They house is always perfect
28. Their children read 10 times a week instead of the recommended 5
29. They constantly upload videos of their children being cute to Facebook
30. Going on the best / most exciting or extravagant holidays
31. Being on the 'Friends of the School' Committee
32. Taking their children skiing, or on other cool and adventurous holidays
33. They spend hours helping the children with their homework
34. Their children's lunchboxes are filled with healthy organic foods
35. They're friends with every single mum in the playground
36. They invite their children's friends back for tea several times a week
37. Making a 'professional' birthday cake
38. Looking amazing straight after childbirth
39. Their children prepare a diary entry about their summer holiday and it is the best ever
40. They volunteer to read with other people's children in school time
41. They initiate coffee mornings and lunches all the time
42. When inviting children back for tea, they are the 'coolest' mum, allowing them to have water fights, eat what they want etc
43. The children ace every spelling test
44. They are able to face paint and do so for every school play and occasion
45. Having the fittest / cleverest / most confident child
46. Having a child in the play who is extremely talented
47. Never forgetting to complete school paperwork
48. Having the time to do the kid's reading / homework every night
49. The children are always dressed in tidy, clean uniform with school logos and polished shoes
50. Always being on time for the school run