What are some other things you ALWAYS say but rarely ever mean? Here are seven of the most common answers:
1. "Let's get together soon." You may WANT to hang out with the person soon, but how often do you follow up and actually make it happen?
2. "I hate that." You don't really HATE minor little things.
3. "What?" You heard what the person said but didn't pause for even a second to process it without instinctively saying, "What?"
4. "I'm so sorry." You're not really that sorry.
5. "I'll definitely consider it." That means you already HAVE considered it, the answer is NO, but you're deflecting.
6. "Bless you." After someone sneezes, we say it to be polite . . . not to actually bless someone.
7. "I'll just do it tomorrow." You probably won't.