Mason Dixon BBQ Recipe
by AJ Silver
posted Aug 8 2013 4:49PM
GRILLED CHICKEN PARMESAN
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 4-8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 Little Pigs Traditional Memphis Rub
1. Trim chicken breasts (remove excess fat) and lay each breast between
(2) pieces of plastic wrap (or do 1 at a time in a gallon freezer bag).
2. Using meat tenderizer/mallet, beat chicken breasts to uniform
a. Chicken will cook more evenly
b. Ends won’t dry out before center is cooked
3. Season chicken with 3 Little Pigs Traditional Memphis Rub
4. Top one side with sliced tomato, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese
a. As much as desired
5. Fold in ½ and seal with a toothpick or skewer
6. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
7. Coat chicken lightly on both sides with olive oil
8. Season outside of chicken with 3 Little Pigs Traditional Memphis Rub
9. Grill chicken for 3-4 mins per side, turning only once.
10. Cook chicken to 165 deg F internal temp (6-8 mins)
11. Remove from grill.
12. Serve with salad of fresh slice tomatoes, fresh mozzarella chunks
drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and fresh ground
pepper and a side of buttered and grilled Italian bread slices.